Welcome to the Kenwood English IV Poetry Blog!

Students from Kenwood's Honors English IV classes have written poems inspired by the poems, poets and poetic forms that they've studied during this term's poetry unit. Some students wrote Ballads and Sonnets while others responded to the work of poets like e.e. cummings, Sylvia Plath and Rainer Marie Rilke. Many poems are profound, heartfelt and deeply insightful. Others are fun and lighthearted. But, all of the poems illustrate the students understanding and appreciation of the genre of poetry. We invite you to read this work and offer your comments. Thank you.

Thursday, May 6, 2010

The Yellow Scooter

Yellow is what starts my day, without the light how would I find my way? Red is so depressing I get so sad, why did it have to be a wheelbarrow, YOU'RE MAKING ME MAD! But see red is the color of my anger but yellow keeps me out of danger. Riding my scooter is so much fun. I can't take this anymore I'm hotter than the sun. Yet hot is red and sun is yellow, so why am I so mad at this wheelbarrow? My scooter is yellow and so is the sun, yet inside of me is red... and now I am done.
Inspired by "The Red Wheelbarrow" by William Carlos Williams
By Brandi H. 5th period

No comments:

Post a Comment