Welcome to the Kenwood English IV Poetry Blog!

Students from Kenwood's Honors English IV classes have written poems inspired by the poems, poets and poetic forms that they've studied during this term's poetry unit. Some students wrote Ballads and Sonnets while others responded to the work of poets like e.e. cummings, Sylvia Plath and Rainer Marie Rilke. Many poems are profound, heartfelt and deeply insightful. Others are fun and lighthearted. But, all of the poems illustrate the students understanding and appreciation of the genre of poetry. We invite you to read this work and offer your comments. Thank you.

Thursday, May 6, 2010

You Belong To Me

YOU BELONG TO ME
LIKE PAGES TO A BOOK

A GOOD BOOK
A MILLION PAGES

INSPIRED BY "YOU FIT INTO ME" by Margaret Atwood
BY Lazette Coleman

5 comments:

  1. This was a great comparison to You Fit Into Me. It also had a great rhythm and mood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this I was expecting for you to add something ironic in the poem.

    I like the simile you chose. I chose a dead cat and a worm Lolz...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this I was expecting for you to add something ironic in the poem.

    I like the simile you chose. I chose a dead cat and a worm Lolz...

    Alexis J

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love this..."A million Pages" this shows how much you care....a million is alot...good comparison
    deja rice

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is really dope.
    i like how sort and to the point it is.
    similar to the poem that inspired it but different in many ways.

    ReplyDelete