So they say time stops for no man.
But when I first saw you, there stood motionless the second hand.**hyperbole
And that gave me a second chance.
To have a second glance-
Another reason to look at you.
And eye wondered if what I was seeing was true. **pun
There stood a manifestation of my dreams.
You were perfect- right down to the seams.
And I was your seamstress.
You were MY mind’s creation, but someone rudely took the invitation.
They took fabric and skin to my design that was in my mind.
And I stood there breathless wondering who gave you the breath of life. **hyperbole
And to have you I wondered what did I have to sacrifice
But you know time stops for no man.
But that second I paused- a second too long
And when I came back to reality, you were long gone…
"Inspired by: Ode Poems
By, Rachel C, 5th period
Thursday, May 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I like
ReplyDelete-B. Parker