Welcome to the Kenwood English IV Poetry Blog!

Students from Kenwood's Honors English IV classes have written poems inspired by the poems, poets and poetic forms that they've studied during this term's poetry unit. Some students wrote Ballads and Sonnets while others responded to the work of poets like e.e. cummings, Sylvia Plath and Rainer Marie Rilke. Many poems are profound, heartfelt and deeply insightful. Others are fun and lighthearted. But, all of the poems illustrate the students understanding and appreciation of the genre of poetry. We invite you to read this work and offer your comments. Thank you.

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Love Don't Live Here

I do not know love as from a thorned rose.
Silent, Bold, yet intense like moveless art.
Love I do not show, heartless I suppose.
Plauged with a disease of lies doomed at the start

It was once great but now my days move on.
Those melancholy, empty, aimless years
I'm not goin to sing another sad song.
Love I have no intentions on crying tears.

Blaming myself...trying to right my wrongs.
Nothing can derail this train of bad thoughts.
And I can only do this for so long.
It wasn't you, It was me, I'm at fault.
Loveless and lonely yet I shall go on

"Inspired by a One Art by Elizabeth Bishop"
Kiwana Y 1st period

No comments:

Post a Comment