I can’t concentrate
The sounds he is making are scaring me
Will this be the last time we are together?
He was near death before,
But I’m not sure if his survival rate is high-
So I have to accept this I guess.
All the memories I had with him when we were younger.
Even the time bad ones, but we’re still close
Like when we got hooked together, like two jumbo shrimp.
But none of those memories can cheer me up.
My mind is made up to be depressed,
I can’t see him like this.
No one can take my mind off of this
I would rather it be me, than him.
He’s my only friend; it’s hard seeing someone you love go.
I as I stare into is red-watery eyes,
It’s like looking into the red sea.
His face is pale, nose is stiff, and pruned paws.
My dog is gone at the age of 10,
We were together since we were younger.
And now it’s only me, when will I go?
Inspired by: “Mid-term” Break by Seamus Heaney
By: Phillip S.
Thursday, May 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
i really like this poem....its looks like you really meant these words. i enjoyed readiong it!
ReplyDelete