Welcome to the Kenwood English IV Poetry Blog!

Students from Kenwood's Honors English IV classes have written poems inspired by the poems, poets and poetic forms that they've studied during this term's poetry unit. Some students wrote Ballads and Sonnets while others responded to the work of poets like e.e. cummings, Sylvia Plath and Rainer Marie Rilke. Many poems are profound, heartfelt and deeply insightful. Others are fun and lighthearted. But, all of the poems illustrate the students understanding and appreciation of the genre of poetry. We invite you to read this work and offer your comments. Thank you.

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Alexandra

You were born July 29th
The littlest little thing that I have ever seen
People saw you looked like a alien
But don’t we all

To hold your little hands and feet
And to watch you for the first time was an experience
That I would never forget.

Watching you grow is the best thing ever!
Seeing you smile for the first time,
Watching you try to form words
Seeing you stand and try to walk at such an early age.
Watching your laughing, learning, loving little self.
Seeing how your appearance changes as you grow older
And seeing you gain a personality.

Your big brown eyes would always glow when you look my way
With the biggest smile on your face, doing the littlest things to make you laugh
Which would always make my day
Just your presence is enough to make me say…

Just watching you grow through these nine months have been a joy
And I can’t wait to experience a lot more.
As you continue your path toward life
I will be there for you no matter where you are, I’m only a phone call away

It would be ashamed to see you go
But even when you are miles and miles away
Know that I will always love you

Your beauty, your funny facial expressions
Your cute personality
Your funny gestures, your funny giggles
Your big smile, and our bond.
Combine all these things together and you get the perfect little angel

Inspired by the Ode form
Kristin T. 5th period

No comments:

Post a Comment